Monday, June 26, 2006

The Arboretum


We went to the LA Arboretum and Botanical Gardens last week. Aside from the 90+ degree heat and the miles of walking we did (well, maybe not MILES, but in the heat, it felt like it at times), we had a great time. I had no idea it would be that huge. The Arboretum is 127 acres in total. I think we covered about .05% of it or so. :) It's a great place to relax, have a picnic, stroll, enjoy the environment, and see the many many many peacocks strolling though the park. And now, the photo montage..

The day just wouldn't be complete if FB weren't there. :) Unfortunately, Jay was off working. We did get to see him later that night, though.

We walked over a mile searching for this waterfall. From the description, it's supposed to be very awe inspiring and beautiful. It was pretty, though I think natural waterfalls are better. :) Lily seemed really intrigued at the rushing noise the water made. She stared for quite some time, and I think she was hoping she could hop into the water like it was her bathtime.

Ahh.. the koi pond. Kinda stinky, but still pretty cool. We saw tons of little baby fish and what looked like tadpoles in the pond. Blue and orange dragonflies were buzzing about. Lily liked the orange ones. :)

Lily and her Daddy. Who knew Lily was so tall???

More later. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger PJS said...

i LOVE those things where you stick your head in to make a whimsical picture. Why aren't there MORE of those in the world? WHY???

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

look at that cute chick!

oh and that baby girl is gorgeous too!!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

Cute photos. They made me smile.

And I wouldn't let FB sit that close to my man if I were you. ;-)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jay Six said...

Jake may be concerned with how close he is to your man, but I think FB was waay too chummy with my girlfriend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home