Friday, May 12, 2006

The Many Faces of Lily

I love the fact that Lily is so much more interactive than she was at birth. I remember thinking to myself, "hmm... so what do I do with the baby now..." When babies are born, you feed them, you change diapers, bathe them, and let them sleep. The rest of the day is kind of a blur, because "playtime" really isn't playtime. Playtime at that age is you trying to find ways to avoid crying at all costs. I am soo glad that phase is over.

Nowadays, I can actually talk to Lily. It's a modified conversation where I say, "So Lily, how's your day been so far?" and she'll gurgle some noise back and laugh at me like I'm a dork (which really isn't that far from the truth).

The other day, we drove out to Torrance to spend the afternoon with my cousin, Melissa. Here are a few photos I snapped while she was talking to Lily.

Here's Lily thinking, "What on earth is she saying?"

"Oh.. that's kinda interesting.. keep talking."

"What the heck is up there????"

"You're so funny."

Oh, and she just woke up from her afternoon nap. Have a good weekend, everyone! :)

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

Aw, that's so cute. Happy first Mother's Day!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

gah! so cute! definitely- happy mother's day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home