Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Costco=Mo'nique


So funny story...

My sister and I were shopping at Costco the other day for some random things we prefer to buy in bulk, like toilet paper, baby formula.. you get the point. Costco is also a great place for getting your film/digital prints done while you shop. The print quality is pretty cool, and the photos are bordered, which I love.



Anyhoo, it took an hour for the photo service to be done, so my sister and I took our time shopping and paroozaling the beer and wine selection. As we were turning the corner, I heard this really boisterous laugh and couldn't help but look up. Right before me stood Mo'nique, the comiedienne from "The Parkers" and the host of "Showtime at the Apollo". (yes, I watch bad TV when I can't sleep.) I looked at her and said NOTHING. She looked at me and said, "Hi.. how y'all doin' now?" I said, "Great, thanks! You know.. you look really good! You look different from what I imagined, it's soo not 'Fat Chance' style!" She laughed and said she wished more people thought like I did.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

I guess she's been working out a lot, and taking her health more seriously, especially since she gave birth to twins not so long ago. She said she appreciated the compliment.

But I will say that it was a pleasure to sorta meet her. I haven't made it a secret that I'm a little annoyed at how difficult its been for me to lose my baby weight. I've actually been darnright bitchy at times. (ask Jason!) Mo'nique puts out a confident self-image and preaches to women that a little cushion is okay, just be healthy. And on that note, I'll be going to they gym now. :)

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

well, i'm fairly sure she's not hustling to take care of the kiddo(s) all day long on top of work and personal relaxation time and she's got hermetically sealed diet food delivered to her in perfectly balanced content equilibrium and a trainer.

so there, you have some valid reasons.

i hate studying!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I like her, and I'm glad she's as genuine as I thought she would be. Have you seen Queens of Comedy?

Oh, and there's another standup show she hosted where her parents are in the audience, she calls her dad a "pimp," she drops the f-bomb every other word (in front of her mother!) and talks about her formerly crack addicted sister -- who is sitting right there. I have to admit all of that made me uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home